Every year, Edison Research teams up with Triton Digital to examine the audio consumption habits of Americans in their Infinite Dial study. Once again, the 2019 study shows continued growth for podcast listening:
- For the first time ever, more than half of all Americans (12+) say that they have listened to a podcast.
- Ninety million Americans — or one third of the population — say that they have listened to a podcast in the last month.
“This is a watershed moment for podcasting–a true milestone,” says Tom Webster, Senior Vice President at Edison Research. “The medium has firmly crossed into the mainstream.”
You can watch the presentation of the results, hosted by Tom and John Rosso, President of Market Development at Triton Digital, below:
Research like this is why we believe that podcasts are an ideal way for Michigan arts and entertainment organizations to connect with their audiences. If you would like to learn more about how people are consuming audio content, you can download the study results here.
- Bad Marketing Advice: “You Need a Website Before You Can Launch a Business” - January 11, 2023
- Bad Marketing Advice: “Anybody Can Do Product Marketing” - November 2, 2022
- Bad Marketing Advice: “The tech will tell us what to do.” - October 19, 2022